Cosmetic Acupuncture is an effective, non-surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging. It is based on the principles of Chinese Medicine, which involves the insertion of very thin disposable needles into the acupuncture points on the face. This superficial insertion will increase the local circulation to the face and stimulate collagen production, which will fill out the lines and give firmness to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion. Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to treat many conditions and illnesses. The effectiveness of acupuncture has been related to the manipulation of the energy points on the body to balance and to remove blockages in the meridians (channels of blood and energy), in order to achieve health and to prevent diseases. Cosmetic Acupuncture has attracted great attention in the last few years, especially in the big cities like New York City and Los Angeles. It used to be a treatment only for the rich and famous in Hollywood, but now everyone wants the royal treatment. “A 1996 report in the international journal of Clinical Acupuncture reported that among 300 cases treated with Cosmetic Acupuncture, 90% had marked effects with one course of treatment. The effects include: The skin becomes delicate, improvement of elasticity of facial muscles, ruddier complexion, and overall rejuvenation.
What are the Benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture may take 5-10 years off your face. It helps to eliminate fine lines and makes the deeper lines look softer. It can also help to minimize or eliminate dark circles, puffy eyes, double chin, sagging skin, and dropping eyelids. Other benefits include:
- Improves muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Increases circulation, therefore oxygenates the skin
- Increases collagen production and has an effect on its dispersal
- Tightens the pores, and brightens the eyes
- Improves hormonal balance; thus, even those with hormonal acne can benefit
- Nourishes the skin, giving you a healthy complexion with a natural glow
- Moisturizes the skin from inside, and gives rosy cheeks to people with dull, tired looking skin. e.g. Pale skin
- Reduces stress evident on the face
- Brings out a persons innate beauty and radiance
- Slows the aging process from within
- Delays the hair turning grey and the loss of hair associated with aging
- Promotes overall health and well being
Who would benefit from this procedure?
Anyone who wants to delay the process of aging and wants to look and feel younger.
Can I do Cosmetic Acupuncture if I had botox?
Yes, Cosmetic Acupuncture will maintain the effectiveness of botox, so it will save you a couple injections per year.
What is the course of treatment?
The course of the treatment is between 10-12 sessions. This will be done 1-3 times a week for best results. Each individual will respond different to the treatment depending on their age and lifestyle. Visible results will be noticeable after 6 -7 sessions. Maintenance may be needed once every month.